The lawyers of SCPA Florea Gheorghe and Associates have a long and rich experience in resolving disputes in the field of industrial property rights, regarding trademarks and other distinctive signs used in trade, industrial designs, patents, domain names (UDRP procedures), trade secrets.
We have a valuable experience in legal assistance and representation in litigation related to the patrimonial and moral author’s rights over original intellectual creations, such as: literary writings, musical compositions, computer programs, photographic works, architectural works, cinematographic works, works dramatic rights, the rights of performers, the rights of producers of sound and audiovisual recordings.
We act efficiently to stop infringing activities on Internet.
We act before the courts of all levels, the State Office for Inventions and Trademarks (OSIM), the Office for Intellectual Property of the European Union (EUIPO), the Mediation and Arbitration Center of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
Our customers range from well-known manufacturers of consumer goods and electronics to food companies and luxury goods companies.
Some of the relevant cases:
- legal assistance and representation of a well-known multinational automobile company against monetary claims made by an inventor for the exploitation of his invention;
- legal assistance and representation of an important company in the field of electronic products in disputes of unfair competition by breach of trade secrets through illegal access to the electronic system;
- legal assistance and representation of a company acting in the food industry in a dispute concerning the infringement of a well-known brand of dairy products;
- legal assistance and drafting of procedural documents for a professional association of public interest in a dispute concerning the registration of its name;
- legal assistance and representation of authors of scientific works in litigation concerning allegations of plagiarism and copyright infringement;
- legal assistance and representation of a collective management society in arbitration proceedings in front of the Romanian Copyright Office (ORDA) for the finalization of the Methodologies for collecting royalties.